8.01.2007

Happiness with less of the obsession bits

I've been spending a lot of my time the past two days watching three music videos for Feist songs. They are really really fantastic.

1234
So, the various theories about music and how the right note, chord, etc. can produce magic, yadda, yadda, yadda...the "oh-wo-oh" part of the song (that usually involves hand clapping) automatically makes me happy--very, very happy. This video produces contentment, which is better than euphoria. Anything involving musicals or musical sensibilites (which means all three of these videos)? I'm in! The choreography is wonderful, the colors are vibrant and perfect. And it suits the song wonderfully.



Mushaboom
This version was directed by Patrick Daughters, and while I'm usually not one to throw around certain words, the man is a fucking genius. This is the guy who brought you such spectacular videos as "Maps," "Title and Registration," "Gold Lion," and the third Feist video featured here. Wonderful, wonderful work. There's a lot in this video to remind me of Spike Jonze, "It's Oh So Quiet" and his Adidas commercial.



My Moon My Man
Another one by Patrick Daughters that is absolutely amazing. I really like her style of dance, and the way she moves in this video reminds me of Christopher Walken's style. The mood, lighting, and choreography are utterly fantastic, especially with the cutting of the shots in the music interlude timed to the cymbals. The movement in this video is captured perfectly.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow.

Feist, eh? Well I'm sold.

Also, do you know if there's a longer version of that adidas commercial song...I think it was by the girl from the yeah yeah yeahs...

CoachDub said...

Cool. Shaboom shaboom, indeed.

undulatingorb said...

Dave, I've looked for the Adidas commercial song, but haven't been able to find it. It is Karen O. singing.

Erik said...

Just fyi, the Karen O. song is called "Hello Tomorrow" and it features Sqeak E. Clean.

Also, "My Moon My Man" is one of my favorite songs I've heard all year :)