12.01.2006

Skating

This was on a friend's blog and I thought it interesting. And maybe it'll make me feel more bookish.
1. One book that changed your life: I was just thinking about this the other day. I don't have a book that changed my life. I don't have any single work of art/experience/what have you that has altered my being. Sometimes I wonder if I'm missing out on anything, but then I know that I'm not (kind of a long explanation).
2. One book that you've read more than once: The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin
3. One book that you'd want on a desert island: Hmm....probably a toss-up between an Archie digest magazine (preferrably a Jughead Double Digest, possibly No. 10) and House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski
4. One book that made you laugh: Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs by Chuck Klosterman
5. One book that made you cry: Maus by Art Spiegelman
6. One book that you wish had been written: The Great Gatsby without a deceiving title--where Gatsby is the center character and is a charming, dashing rogue involved in the underground world of speakeasies and other fun 1920s gadabouts
7. One book that you wish had never been written: The Bible :) Actually, I don't know. I just ignore books that I don't like generally.
8. One book that you're currently reading: With the end of the semester, I'm only reading plays, criticism, and student's papers. But I plan on starting on David Sedaris' Holidays on Ice when I'm done with this.
9. One book that you've been meaning to read: Well, I have to read Heart of Darkness over break. I think the first non-school-related book I'll read will be The Fifty Year Sword by Mark Z. Danielewski.

No comments: