7.17.2006

I'm Still Your Fag

Hey, at least I can cry again, and that's a good thing. Oh, my ego needs boosting constantly; it's a very needy entity. But I did just write this, which I think may be at least decent, but we will see how it holds up under further examination. I'm not quite sure about the title.

HD Perspective
riding away at the most absurd speeds,
but I never felt unsafe, you told me
everything would be alright and I believed.
walking into the night when the danger was
stirring, but I just needed to hold your hand.
I never knew about the underbelly until
we met and I never knew I could hurt
someone so much until we fell apart.
the tentacles kept us together, but they couldn't
reach that far south and I couldn't
reach that far to shore.
they wanted us to be the lighthouse, but I
have further seas to travel. they needed
us to be the buoys, waving to the coast,
and I waved my goodbye.

As always, any and all feedback is very welcome. And let's end this blog on a positive note (I would reference Mel Brooks here, but that gag works only with sound). I've been contemplating lately the degree of attractiveness I hold, and while I understand that on a purely physical level, I'm not anything to write home about (though I have noticed that people I consider less attractive than myself receive much more attention and get hit on so much more than I do, which confounds me a bit), I have a fantastic personality; I'm tons of fun. Well, I have fun--I amuse and entertain myself. I don't know if other people have the same amount of amusement and entertainment around me, but I'm happy and that's the most important thing. [Insert laugh here]. But anyway...someday everything will come together. "It's a shoreline, and it's half speed. It's a cruel world, and it's time."

No comments: