7.06.2006

"This is the end of the road Galvatron!"


It looks as though me and the high school kid that also works in this office are having a desktop background and theme war. Yesterday I left a wonderful picture of the Decemberists up and had the standard Windows XP theme and mouse pointer. Today I come in and there's a jungle scene featuring a panther as the background and some crazy, annoying look-at-how-cool-this-font is theme and annoying neon, some-guy-swinging-on-a-vine-or-else-a-snake to replace the pointer and hourglass. So I retialated with standard theme and pointer and this picture as the background. It also commemorates my dream from last night. I was in prison, only it was very lax on the rules and such. More like a boarding school than a prison, especially since it included inmates that didn't seem to have a reason for being incarcerated. And it was co-ed. So I get there and they give me my prison uniform, only it looks more like scrubs and I have some of my own clothes as well. There's this big bald guy that keeps giving me shit and we're all going to the cafeteria when a fight breaks out between the two of us. I beat the crap out of him and this gets me awe and respect in the inmate community since this was the big bully guy that no one messed with. So I go and eat my lunch with an assortment of people I knew as a kid, people I know now, people I've never seen before in my life. And George Clooney is there, and I talk with him a bit and talk to other people about how I beat the shit out of this guy, and then he comes over and we decide to call a truce and everything's gravy. Then, lunch is almost over and I see that Ben Gibbard (and the rest of Death Cab for Cutie) are at another table next to Colin Meloy (who later kind of disappears). So I talk to Ben Gibbard and he doesn't believe that big bully guy will not retaliate, and mostly it's just me flirting with Ben Gibbard, and that was pretty much the end. Oh, it was so nice. So I'm going to stay there for the next couple of days or as long as that can carry me. Romantic sigh.
Last night I watched Transformers the Movie. And first of all, it's great. Completely holds up, though I guess that could also be since I watch it fairly often and it's maybe been two years since I've seen it last. But one thing I noticed this time that made me feel kind of sad, or I guess a bit old, was that at the beginning the narrator is explaining the situation and the war between the Autobots and the Decepticons over Cybertron and he says that the year is 2005. Wow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It reminds me of when I realized I was older than the guys in Clerks and Mallrats.