7.05.2006

"...we don't stand a chance..."


I just set this picture of the Decemberists as the background on the computer I use at work. I'm pretty excited about it. See? It doesn't take much to make me happy. Staying that way on the other hand...
Speaking of, my recent posts and more recent deletion of said "angsty" posts have caused quite a stir on the comment wall, and by quite a stir I mean two comments have mentioned this. I thought it best to erase the record of me yelling at and feeling sorry for myself (at the same time, that's how talented I am), since a) it does smack of teenage yuppie angst, and b) it doesn't make for interesting reading (not that any of my posts do, but this one has a really good picture!). Okay, in talking to a good friend of mine, I've decided that after I get my degree, I'm moving to Bloomington/Normal, getting a decent-paying job, learning how to play piano and guitar and starting a band with a group of my friends called Stitch This, Jimmy. Let's see, what else? Dekalb puts on good fireworks and has strange people residing within its borders who marry their sister and collect kernels of corn in their beard. House is a damn fine show. I am ever closer to finishing part one of my CD project. I'm hosting my first party ever at my apartment this Saturday. We still need to finalize plans for a Great America trip. And I'm going to see Little Miss Sunshine on July 26th (which happens to be Kevin Spacey's birthday).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since when was angstyness not good reading? How many copies did Catcher in the Rye sell? Or The Perks of Being a Wallflower?

I'm excited about the possibility of you living in Bloomington because it means that I'll be able to get my Avanti's fix when I visit.

Anonymous said...

Peoria closed the Damon's on the riverfront a few years ago, so food was also the first thing I thought of when I saw Bloomington. I seriously thought to myself, "Yay, then we can go to Damon's!" Oreo pie! I will need lots of napkins.

You forgot to mention that Dekalb is also full of people that like to encroach upon the blanket space of complete strangers. How's that kick to the head feeling?