5.18.2006

Funny Little Frog

It's a good thing I pumped up the volume on my CD alarm (in order to both wake up and reference Christian Slater). I didn't hear a thing until the fourth song when someone in my dream was complaining about Belle & Sebastian being really loud. In waking my first thoughts were, "Oh crap, I'm going to be really hungover today since I imbibed a fair amount of alcohol and since said imbibing took place not that many hours ago." Turns out I was half right. While I do feel the need to move a bit slower today and walking up stairs is not nearly as fun as other days, I feel pretty good. And, much to my surprise, I'm feeling very happy. This is comforting for two reasons: 1) it's comforting to be happy 2) it indicates that when I wasn't very happy last night, it was the alcohol. Other things to be glad about: contrary to what I suspected last night, I don't have any splinters in my hand from the tree that I spent some time in, and I have no new bruises either from punching things or from falling when climbing down from the aforementioned tree.
Countdown to arrival of my very own computer: nine days, or thereabouts

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

COngradulations on your lack of hangover, lack of splinters, and sunshiney happiness.

undulatingorb said...

Thanks! But of course, I couldn't have accomplished any of it without the help of all the little people, my mom and dad (I love you Dad!!), and of course my hero, the big JC (by which I mean Jimmy Carter)!!