5.17.2006

Good Lovin'

I like my new job. This has been my last two days: I come into the office, get a cubicle in a corner so that I can hide away from all the other office people (they are very nice people, I just enjoy hiding), have the option of spending all day on the internet, reading, doing crossword puzzles, etc., except that every ten minutes or so I make a loop around the different rooms to see if anyone has anything in their outboxes for me to copy or deliver. And then when I deliver things, I get to walk around campus. this seems almost perfect. I can entertain myself as I see fit, but the time goes by very quickly and my back/ass doesn't hurt with the added bonus of getting up and walking around every ten minutes. and today, I went to two really interesting buildings on campus that I did not know existed heretofore. The art building is pretty funky and the engineering building is really cool and reminded me of a gym/pool or else my very limited memory of the Oak Lawn pavilion. And this side of campus altogether reminds me of downtown Springfield. Then again, everything reminds me of something, as I'm sure anyone who has had either one rather lengthy or several conversations with me can attest to. So, I can read or surf the internet (I read interviews with Will Forte today) and take little adventures all day. Nice gig if you can get it, I say. In other news, as I'm constantly trying to be the person I want to be and not be the person I don't want to be, it seems I need to try harder. I think that in order to accomplish this goal, I should go to Great America as much as possible. So, who's with me and when are we going?
movie recommendation of the moment: Millions
book recommendation of the moment, judging by the small amount I've read so far: Liars and Saints by Maile Meloy
music recommendation of the moment: "Song for Jedi" by Dionysos
tv recommendation of the moment: Scrubs (everyone is getting preggers!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo for your new blog!
Woo Hoo for Millions! (I love that flick)
And Woo Hoo for the new job you like!

I've never been to Great America, but maybe...

CoachDub said...

Great America here we come!