6.02.2006

Alfred

I wrote a very interesting, clever, entertaining, brilliant blog earlier today, but of course it was lost to the voracious appetite of that internet monster Cannot Be Displayed. Let's see, the gist of it was that today has been a good day, for no real concrete reason and despite waking up late and finding that for the second day in a row my phone has decided to randomly set itself to roaming whilst in my apartment. That a note written in a preview for World Trade Center which states: I Heart U was irritating because of the use of U for you, but made me think that if someone should write such a note to me, it would go something like this: I Heart Hucka...you, because I would find that amusing and it would touch my heart of hearts since it contains a reference to a good film, then went on to reference the Simpsons and Johnny Dangerously. I stated that I'll be going to a screening of a long film tonight and wished that I will enjoy it and that my part as an extra will have been left on the cutting room floor. That being said, I now share a poem that's not very good at all, but at least a somewhat interesting experiment. I allowed myself to use only the words contained in one page of a magazine.

Page 21, Issue#842
Depression-era polished British gal
Wise-like but a college drop-out,
very forthright and very firmly out of his DNA
He never spawned contributions like this
Instead, he navigated an abandoned fiancee
the day he scaled his star,
caught between lies and politeness.

No comments: