6.06.2006

Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me)

I may have been privy to the most number of utterly inane conversations today than any other day in recent memory. The ultimate gem occurred when I was waiting with a friend at the DMV and overheard a man and woman talking about a mutual acquaintance. "Is he still gay?" Tremendous. My friend and I then drove to Molly's (the only establishment in Dekalb that sells deep dish pizza, that I know of). So Molly's is in a strip mall on the corner of Annie Glidden and 38 (one of the two semi-busy streets in this town). One entrance to the parking lot is located maybe 50 feet (I'm truly horrible at estimating distances) from the traffic light. So, the turn is right before the turning lane for the light begins. A Jeep was in front of me and a Volvo behind me. The Volvo pulls up to my left to turn into the parking lot. I see this and brake accordingly so that I will turn in after him. Apparently the Jeep didn't notice any of this, pulls over to get in the turning lane for the light and hits the rear bumper of the Volvo, leaving part of said bumper on the street as a consequence (granted the Volvo was pretty much falling apart so maybe a stiff wind would have caused the same reaction). The best part of this whole thing: the Jeep simply pulled up to the light and proceeded to wait for a green arrow while the Volvo pulled into the parking lot. It seemed as if absolutely no one had noticed the whole accident. The guy in the Volvo pulled up to the front of Molly's, and then looked at his rear bumper and became quite angry. If he would've stopped immediately, he could've caught the Jeep guy, or at least written down the license plate number, but by the time he had fully become aware of the situation the Jeep had already turned. Ah, Dekalb. One more amusing thing that has happened today: I received my college's alumni magazine thingie today and found out that the first guy I kissed now has a kid. Strange.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those Volvo bumpers fall off quite easily when they get old. Really, you just have to give it a good kick and it'll go back into place. Oddly enough, their detachability does not detract from their quality.

Congradulations on the 36C.