6.12.2006

(This Is) The Dream of Evan and Chan

"I won't let go, I won't let go
even if you say so, oh no.
I've tried and tried with no results.
I won't let go, I won't let go."

There was an angel on the wall,
the one I wanted to buy as
she and I were driving away,
and in my dream you were
in that bar with me as we
discussed the merits of nationality.
But when I opened my eyes,
the angel became a poster
advertising Fat Tire and there
were killjoys on the stools next to me.
I can't avoid telling them
about the other night
and my plans to get better.
I stumbled out and fell
asleep, awoke in a tree
outside your window.
And I could see everything;
Closed my eyes to picture
me in that room with you
and became dizzy when I
felt myself falling back,
thinking before I hit the ground
that I could hear you
calling me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a very, very good poem.

Well I liked it, anyway.

Anonymous said...

I'll really like this one Jill. Just in case my opinion means anything...