6.14.2006

Mercedes Benz

I've discovered something incredibly fun today. If you are in an elevator, spin around on one foot when you first start to ascend. Just try it, it's really great. Also, I found someone whose voice sounds a lot like that of Philip Seymour Hoffman. The conversation went something like this:
Me: Has anyone ever told you that you sound a lot like Philip Seymour Hoffman?
Philip Seymour Hoffman sound-alike: I don't know who that is.
Me: He's an actor; he just won an Oscar for Capote.
PSHS-A: Oh, I do know him. No, I've never heard that before (looks at me strangely).
Me: (Somewhat sheepishly) Oh, I just thought I'd let you know.

I saw A Prairie Home Companion last night, which I enjoyed and would compare to Nashville if I could say that I've seen Nashville. The best part of the evening, though would have to be the preview for Little Miss Sunshine. On its own it looks like a tender and hilarious film and I am a fan of most every actor involved, but the trailer contained both the Flaming Lips' "The Yeah Yeah Yeah Song" and Sufjan Steven's "Chicago". Now, I would run out and see Deuce Bigalow: Antarctic Gigolo on opening night if said film had these songs in its trailer. So, I'm eagerly anticipating the release of Little Miss Sunshine.

No comments: